Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Technical Writing in India

I am a technical writer working in an IT firm. I have a diploma in IT and technology really fascinates me. After struggling and opting for various professions (couple of them ranging from teaching to banking) I have entered into a profession of my choice. But technical writing is a growing field in India. There are always queries related to what technical writing exactly is? There are some more questions:

  • What does a technical writer do?
  • Is the field related to engineers or writers?
  • Are content writing and instructional designing related to technical writing?
  • What is documentation development life cycle? Is it related to SDLC?

    My blog makes an attempt to see the world from a technical writer’s perspective. I look forward to hearing thoughts of people in related fields or people interested in the field. I will try and explain various writing guidelines, tips on document design, technical updates, and simple techniques to create professional documents.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent information about Technical Writing provide for us.

thanks for sharing.


Technical Writing in india